win with us.
We exist to make your business thrive and our greatest reward is our returning clients. Our focus is and always will be on our clients and not on industry awards and accreditations, which could account for why we’ve won so many of them…
The Future Of Travel: 5 Ways AI Is Changing The Game
When it comes to travel, artificial intelligence (AI) is changing the game. From booking airfare and hotels to creating personalised itineraries, AI is making travel planning easier and more efficient.
With one eye focused on operation experience and the other on the customer experience, travel brands have always been at the forefront of technology adoption to improve the customer's experience, which has lately meant adopting data-led AI software.
Many organisations now use AI-powered programs to enhance the quality of decision-making and the quantity of outputs that directly impact search results for their customer. Artificial intelligence can articulate calculations and recommendations at a speed that humans cannot match, all while improving conversion rates and ROI simultaneously, two of the most important KPIs for global travel brands.
What is AI?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a machine or system which simulates human-like levels of intelligence. Driven by data, AI learns and continues to expand its knowledge base to continue to offer realistic human outputs. AI systems can be externally beneficial for all of brands and can aid in streamlining business processes, compilation tasks faster, customising the digital customer experience, eliminating human error, and much more.
Data and Artificial intelligence: how they connect
Data is the backbone of any high-converting digital strategy. It allows brands to personalise, increasing conversion and cross-selling opportunities. With the use of AI, it is only made easier. Although using AI requires a substantial amount of this data, you can say the more, the merrier.
The data needed for AI can come from multiple streams be that 1st or 3rd party including CRMs, eCommerce purchase data and website traffic. Utilising the right (First or third) party data can vary the success of AI learning capabilities. However, in the post-third-party- cookieless world, brands need to understand the benefits associated with harnessing first-party data and the strength it carries through into personalise the digital customer experience.
5 Ways AI is changing the game for the travel brands
In the past, booking a vacation or business trip meant spending valuable time on the phone or in-person with a travel agent. Nowadays, you’re never more than just a few clicks away. Wider accessibility to tools with artificial intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) elements has only sped up this progress.
In the future, AI will only become more valuable to the industry. Here are some ways that AI is changing the game when it comes to travel:
1. Helping you find the best deals: Travel websites use AI to sift through vast amounts of data to find the best deals on flights, hotels, and more. Some flight booking companies have used AI to offer their customer's flight forecasting, which is a smart price prediction application that helps customers to find the best flight price at the right time, making customer satisfaction higher.
2. Enhancing customer service: AI is also being used to improve customer service in the travel industry. Chatbots can answer common questions about travel plans and make recommendations based on their needs (find out more below).
3. Making booking easier: Everything from finding flights to making hotel reservations will be automated and happen in real-time. This means that customers will be able to plan a trip within a few minutes without having to wait for someone else to confirm the reservation.
4. Personalising your travel experience: Though the beginnings of sophisticated personalised recommendations can be seen, the future will only enhance the sophisticated virtual assistant that is seen today with further tailored recommendations on activities, restaurants, and hotels based on their individual specific interests.
5. Enhanced security protection: Facial recognition technology is being used to enhance the level of security throughout the travel buying journey. It has especially been used over the last several years at airports to streamline the security process.
Bonus deep dive: Chatbots and the future of travel
One of the biggest ways AI is changing travel is through the use of chatbots. These computer programs can make it easy for travellers to get the information they need without having to rely on a real person. Chatbots are already being used by major airlines and travel booking sites to help customers with everything from finding the best deals to answering questions about their upcoming trip.
In addition to chatbots, AI is also being used to create more customised and personalised travel experiences. Using data collected from past behaviour, AI can predict what kinds of activities and attractions a traveller will enjoy and create an itinerary accordingly. This means that travellers can spend less time researching their trip and more time actually enjoying it.
There are also now AI-powered chatbots that can handle many customer service inquiries., For example, wand websites like Kayak use Artificial Intelligence algorithms to predict flight prices and help you find the best deals.
AI can often find better deals than humans could ever hope to find on their own; in some cases, AI-powered bots have even been able to snag last deals! Platforms like Sitecore are leading the way when it comes to making Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technology more accessible to a wider array of companies. Sitecore’s machine learning processing engine, Sitecore Cortex™, and Sitecore AI, a new machine learning service that runs on the Microsoft Azure Cloud, give every company the opportunity to supercharge their business. You don’t have to be Amazon to take advantage of cutting-edge tech!
Take off with AI
It's exciting to think about how AI will change the future of travel. We can expect more personalisation, convenience, and opportunities to explore the world in new and innovative ways. With AI, the sky is truly the limit — and can create an experience that converts for travel brands. Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org to depart on schedule for your AI-powered future.