we respect your data
At Sagittarius, we want to share our passion and excitement for digital. By providing your details you agree to be contacted by us.
We will treat your personal data with respect and you can find details in our Privacy Statement - this includes:
- What information do we collect about you
- How will we use the information about you
- Access to your information and correction
win with us.
We exist to make your business thrive and our greatest reward is our returning clients. Our focus is and always will be on our clients and not on industry awards and accreditations, which could account for why we’ve won so many of them…
front end developer.
join our expert team.
Supporting the web development team by maintaining, developing, designing and building web applications under the guidance of the Lead Client-Side Developers and Digital Project Managers.
We do things a little differently at Sagittarius. We're in the business of creating successful brands through high-performance digital strategies, but it's our culture that sets us apart, and that is 100% driven by our people.
We're a bit loud, pretty relaxed, extraordinarily collaborative and we are constantly trying new technology and integrating the really good stuff. We start our day with a “stand-up” as a whole team – sharing successes and offering each other solutions for the day ahead. We have strong relationships with our clients and have (virtual) beers in the office on a Friday, and all sorts of online get-togethers and shenanigans (if that’s your thing..?). Most importantly we invest in our teams skill sets with supported training and certification and we have a commitment to promoting from within and developing you for your future.
Our teams are positive, enthusiastic, passionate about technology and really comfortable with the internal and external collaboration that is core to our business. A desire to constantly expand your skillset should be equally important to you!
key responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Work with the lead developers, creatives and teams to deliver remarkable development for our clients
- Working on progressive development projects for retained clients
- Maintain and be proactive in improving, the quality of work produced
- Work with creative teams to translate concepts into content-rich functional products
- Accurately record all hours worked against the appropriate client and report any work requests to project management
- To take responsibility for the quality and presentation of your own work and environment
- To be open and interested in new technology and methods of delivering the company’s products and services
- Good cross-browser testing and development experience
- Knowledge of CSS pre processer SASS
- Knowledge of animation library – preferable GSAP
- Knowledge of task runners (Gulp, Grunt, Webpack: Gulp is preffered)
- Knowledge of PUG template engine
- Sitecore experience would be beneficial (Sitecore SXA experience would be advantageous)
- CSS framework - Bootstrap 3
- Git and Gitflow
- Bit Bucket
- Visual Studio would be advantageous
- JIRA and/or Trello
- You will have built web sites from scratch and delivered creative, working solutions
- Have a sound knowledge of design and design processes
- Have good bug fixing experience – working independently to identify and resolve issues before delivery and testing functionality after the initial fix
- Web Site testing – you will be able to test as you go, identifying issues, solving problems and reporting up and down the chain. You will be able to test the browser stack, conduct cross-browser testing on supported platforms
- Be able to build reusable code and libraries for future use, ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, optimise the application for maximum speed and scalability to back end
- Good and effective communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally with external clients in understandable (non-technical) terms
- Able to multi-task and maintain great attention to detail, and able to prioritise, manage own time, to proactively seek solutions and able to function in a relatively pressurised environment
- You should be able to work in a standalone capacity and be comfortable being managed remotely
- It is important that you love what you do and want to develop your own skills – you must be innovative and keen to influence and drive both the delivery of great projects but also the continued growth of the company
- Have a desire to continually develop personal technical skills and to challenge and stretch boundaries
- We would expect all of our team members to adhere to and promote our company core values
Recruiters of the world - thanks in advance for reaching out, but we do our own thing.
highlights of the role
- Work with a global team
- Translate creative into concepts
- Build client relationships
- Dynamic agency environment
Learn more about the benefits of working with us.