we respect your data
At Sagittarius, we want to share our passion and excitement for digital. By providing your details you agree to be contacted by us.
We will treat your personal data with respect and you can find details in our Privacy Statement - this includes:
- What information do we collect about you
- How will we use the information about you
- Access to your information and correction
win with us.
We exist to make your business thrive and our greatest reward is our returning clients. Our focus is and always will be on our clients and not on industry awards and accreditations, which could account for why we’ve won so many of them…
join our expert team.
We are looking for a Sitecore Developer to join us and become a key member of the Sitecore Engineering team to develop, support and maintain technology solutions for clients, partners and internal Sagittarius solutions. The role will also support and mentor other members of the Engineering team in taking technical responsibility and ownership of elements of solution delivery.
We do things a little differently at Sagittarius. We're in the business of creating successful brands through high-performance digital strategies, but it's our culture that sets us apart, and that is 100% driven by our people.
We're a bit loud, pretty relaxed, extraordinarily collaborative and we are constantly trying new technology and integrating the really good stuff. We start our day with a “stand-up” as a whole team – sharing successes and offering each other solutions for the day ahead. We have strong relationships with our clients and have (virtual) beers in the office on a Friday, and all sorts of online get-togethers and shenanigans (if that’s your thing..?). Most importantly we invest in our teams skill sets with supported training and certification and we have a commitment to promoting from within and developing you for your future.
Our teams are positive, enthusiastic, passionate about technology and really comfortable with the internal and external collaboration that is core to our business. A desire to constantly expand your skillset should be equally important to you!
key responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Architecting, developing, and maintaining Sitecore centric based solutions
- Implementing Sitecore (and associated technologies) software solutions
- Collaborating effectively with QA, BA, DevOps and other members of the wider Engineering and agency team
- Accountable for the timely and technical quality delivery on Sitecore related elements/phases for software development projects
- Proactively driving the technical definition of software delivery project planning (scope, time estimates, technical skills)
- Ensuring technical implementation and delivery processes (i.e. Unit testing, Source control, Coding Standards, Deployments) and technical documentation are followed, improved and continuously evolved
- Ensure that the technical objectives of the Sitecore Engineering team are met - ensuring that our reputation for Sitecore technical excellence is maintained and excelled
- An understanding of server-side technologies and how to leverage them to create inspirational and usable visual interfaces
- To be competent in producing rich and useable websites
job-specific skills/ experience.
- Developing large scale Sitecore solutions (v8+) – Ideally with use of EXM and Commerce
- Understanding of the full software development life cycle – Ideally Agile/Scrum
- Experience of developing web services within cloud platform environments (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Technical supervisory or mentoring experience for junior members of an engineering team
- Experience in working across multiple streams of work concurrently – involving several clients
- Good and effective communication skills, able to multi-task and maintain great attention to detail
- Able to manage your own time and have good commercial awareness
- Have a passion for technology and will be personally disciplined and able to maintain focus amid distraction
- Provide inspirational leadership for the Junior and mid-level developers and play an active part in sharing knowledge and implementing training for the existing team
- Have good attention to detail and be able to prioritise and be effective when working to tight deadlines and within budgets
- Be aware of the practical application of technology and return on investment (ROI)
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently
Recruiters of the world - thanks in advance for reaching out, but we do our own thing.
highlights of the role
- Work with a global team
- Translate creative into concepts
- Build client relationships
- Dynamic agency environment
Learn more about the benefits of working with us.